While we think our actions create our results, it’s really the thoughts we manage and create that lead us feeling a certain way, priming us to make certain choices and actions, therefore our results.
Our thoughts create our results.
How and what we think is a crucial element to our health and fat loss journey. This is why when I work with clients who want to lose weight, we spend time on the topic of affirmations.
Affirmations: a statement about ourselves or our situation that’s phrased in the present tense as if the self-focused declaration is already true.
If you read them on a continual basis and stay persistent, combining them with regular physical activities and a real food diet, I guarantee that you WILL achieve your desired results. Pick an affirmation and own it for the next 30 days and see what happens,
Examples of weight loss and confidence affirmations to adopt:
- I reached my weight loss goal.
- My past doesn’t defy my future. I am achieving my goals.
- Age has nothing to do with it. I am releasing this weight in a wise way.
- I am taking care of myself.
- I am so happy and grateful I weigh _________.
- I feel hunger without fear, in fact, I appreciate it.
- I eat just enough, without overeating.
- I am showing up for myself and treating myself with respect.
- I am grateful for my body and where it takes me.
- I am proving my ability to change my habits and adopt new ones.
- I am worthy.
- I am enough.
- I trust my body and it’s capabilities to heal and thrive.
- I inhale life and exhale anxiety.
- I am flexible to change.
How to Use Affirmations
Say them daily, aloud, for a larger impact. Repeat them 1-5x a day, and put them in your calendar, like a post-it on your mirror, in your pantry, on your desk and computer, and say the chosen affirmation with belief.
Our brain doesn’t know reality. It knows what our thoughts tell it, and an affirmation is an easy way to “fake it until I make it,” progressing to the results you want.