Do you ever come across the situation of going for sushi, buying sashimi (nice option to avoid rice) and still desire something else to fill your plate and appetite? If you can relate to the above occasion or have an interest in knowing the awesome health benefits of seaweed, keep reading.
- vitamins A (beta carotene)
- vitamin C
- iodine (good for thyroid health)
- vitamin B-12 – which is not often found in vegetables, i.e. this is a great option if you are a low or meatless eater.
- As one of the most mineral and vitamin dense vegetables, you can nourish your body with less
- literature suggests that seaweed can assist in detoxing, removing heavy metals from the intestines
- prevents some cancers
- lowers cholesterol
- increases sexual desire
- support the thyroid
- lower blood pressure
- treat anemia
The research on seaweed is young and in my opinion can use more exploration, but the above conclusions are surely not a shabby start.
Ways to Eat Seaweed:
- soups, such as miso soups
- salads, for example, cut up some nori (sushi wrappers) to mix in a salad
- side dishes
- condiment, add some kelp seaweed to a smoothie
Where to Find:
Seaweed can be found in most specialty stores or oriental grocers.
[…] 1:30PM 2 homemade nori avocado and ham […]