Going low carb isn’t always the easy thing to do, but when we can whip together something that mimics a muffin or cake, it makes the journey easier and more enjoyable. Here are a few recipes I like throwing together while I round out my daily meals.
Keto Mug Muffin
This simple, low carb recipe is easy to make and pair with a dinner, where bread would traditionally be served.
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 seconds avocado spray
- Spray the mug with avocado spray.
- Add all remaining ingredients and whisk together in the mug.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, or until set.
- Let cool 1-2 minutes before slicing. Slice into 3-4 pieces.
Nutty Mug Muffin
Add a little comfort to a traditional keto muffin by adding your favorite nut butter.
- 1 tbsp favorite nut butter, like macadamia nut butter
- 1 egg large
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- Spray the lining of a mug with avocado spray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with a fork.
- Mix in the wet.
- Cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Chocolate Mug Cake
Made with almonds and cocoa, combining a good taste and texture for a single treat.
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Swerve (or 2-3 drops of stevia)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise avocado oil based
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- Spray the lining of a mug with avocado oil.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mug with a fork.
- Mix in all the wet ingredients and let sit for a minute or 2.
- Heat in microwave for 50 seconds. Temp may vary depending on the microwave.
I’m glad you shared this Super healthy and delicious recipe. I’m 10kgs overweight and i’m really looking for a recipe that can help me loose weight and at the same time to be healthy, you save a lot of lives. Thankyou
My pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I never know who all I am able to reach, and I am glad to have you stop by.