I have established a few habits since social distancing and one of those, is making a weekly dip like hummus. I have been varying the type of beans I use, and thus far, we like the Northern or White Bean recipe the most.
Enjoy this dip on roasted veg, in a low-carb wrap with peppers and lettuce on fish or beef burgers and more.
Easy White Bean Hummus
- Food processor
- Measuring cups
- 1 can white beans 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced chop and let sit for 10 minutes before adding to the recipe. This can increase the wellness benefits of garlic.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil use avocado or macadamia nut oil if you don't tolerate olives.
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup well stirred tahini
- In a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, and salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Open, drain, and rinse the beans. Add half of the beans to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining beans and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- If the hummus is too thick or if there are clumps of beans, add 1-2 tbsp of water until you reach the right consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.