Have you seen the rage about Dalgona Coffee? I have had numerous recipes flooding my inbox and IG feed and I have selected, what I think, the best option for pleasure, but also our health. Thanks, Mark Sission for the recipe, also posted below!
What is Dalgona Coffee?
“Dalgona coffee is basically an upside-down iced latte. Instead of coffee on the bottom and frothy milk on top, you have milk on the bottom and fluffy coffee whip on top. The contrast looks incredible in a glass, and according to the Internet, it tastes amazing.”
How to Make Whipped Coffee: Dairy-free Dalgona Coffee Recipe?
Dairy-free Dalgona Whipped Coffee
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 3 tbsp granualted monk fruit
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Combine the water, instant coffee, collagen, and monkfruit sweetener. Whisk, whisk, and whisk some more until it takes on the appearance of fluffy peanut butter. If you’re not up for an arm workout, use a hand mixer or stick blender for this step.
- Fill a glass with ice, then fill the glass halfway with almond or coconut milk. Float your whipped coffee mixture carefully on top of your iced coconut milk. Make sure you snap a pic of your creation before you sip. You didn’t do all of that whisking for nothing!
- Have I ever shared, we drink solely instant coffee in my house? I think this is a habit we brought home with us after living in Australia for 2 years, but as you can guess, all instant coffee is made or created equal. We opt for this brand.
- Collagen goes down like water in this house with coffee, smoothies, pancakes and more. The best product we've found at the best process, comes from the Thrive Market brand. Buying collagen from there alone, pays for the membership. I encourage the same.