There is a new pancake in town and it is high in fiber, low in sugar and grain-free. I have been having a form of these w/ blueberries, strawberries or banana, most quarantine days.
Try it out and let me know what you think! If you want something premixed, where you just add water, I suggest Birch Blenders Keto or Paleo style. I’d use these, but with my latest blood work MRT LEAP, I know almonds inflame my gut and create insulin resistance.
Easy Homemade Pancakes
- 2 ea eggs Or you can use 1/2 cup of egg whites like I need to do as my gut doesn't tolerate egg yolks as well.
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal store in the refrigerator
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop flavored, bone broth protein powder I prefer vanilla
- 1/4 cup fruit of your choice (berries, banana, etc)
- 1/2 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee for the pan
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl, except the butter and fruit.
- Warm a skillet and melt the butter to prevent the pancake from sticking.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and then layer in the sliced fruit of choice.
- Cook as you would any pancake batter, flipping halfway through.
I typically source my bone broth powder off Thrive Market or Amazon. If you are interested in more nutritious meals for better blood sugar control, check out my online course I produced with "Cuisine at Home" food magazine on wellness and life with diabetes.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.