FOOD SENSITIVITY TESTING: 170 MRT BLOOD TEST FOR FOOD + SENSITIVITIES
Are you tired and cannot figure out why? Are you bloated but can’t put your finger on what food or thing is the problem? Are you frustrated when your blood sugar won’t come down? Are you at a loss of why your efforts are not reflected on the scale?
Discover how the MRT Test combined with Kelly’s nutrition guidance can significantly improve the quality of life of those living with an autoimmune disease or chronic condition. A tool like this can help cut to the chase of discovering what foods work best for your health and wellbeing. The test requires a blood draw and can capture diet needs beyond what a food sensitivity test can do.
The MRT Test assesses 170 foods and chemicals and includes a 60-minute consult with Kelly.
- Abby, weight-loss client: Four weeks into using the results and Kelly’s recommendations, “I’ve lost 4 pounds without feeling hungry and I feel way less anxious, especially at work.”
- Chere, auto-immune client: “Before doing the food sensitivity test, I gave up all caffeine for my adrenal fatigue and was drinking Vanilla Hazelnut Decafe Coffee and was soo doggone tired. Low and behold, VANILLA was one of my biggest inflammatory foods…how would I have ever known that?”
- Jessika, weight loss client: “My biggest concern was sleeping through the night. After doing this test (which I initially didn’t see the connection between gut health and energy/sleep) and I quickly learned what foods inflamed my body, and I can fall asleep easier and sleep through the night for the first time in a year.”
- Stacie, type 1 client: “Little did I know that having an autoimmune disease suggests I have some form of a leaky gut. I can now identify which foods I am sensitive to, but I also understand that these foods spike my blood sugar/make it harder to get my blood sugars back down to goal. Talk about using food as medicine!”
This package includes the blood test itself + a follow-up phone session with Kelly to learn how to implement the information from your results. $695
NUTRIGENOMICS: DNA Test
Have you wondered what works uniquely for your DNA in regards to your lifestyle, diet (high carb vs low carb for example) and supplement regime?
Genomind’s lab uncovers predispositions for health traits and Kelly will provide you this information, but also how to implement the findings. This test examines 8 domains: Cognition, Emotional Wellbeing, Cardio-metabolic, Inflammation, Digestion and Immunity, and Sleep tendencies and reviews your DNA and how they may play out in your tendencies (like are you a worrier, are you susceptible to be insomniac, do you do better having short daily workouts or longer, but fewer workouts each week?). FAQ here for reference.
This test comes with a full report (sample) and a consult with Kelly and the Genomind physician to walk through your results. $595
- Fertility client, “I thought I’d e-mail you and let you know how impactful the DNA test I did with you was for me. I hadn’t been in an exercise routine I felt good about since I did IVF nearly 3 years ago. I’d been afraid because the doctors were never able to totally rule out that my high exercise schedule wasn’t impacting our fertility chances so I kind of swung the other way. With the recommendations around exercise from the test and my anxiety really becoming a problem, I figured out a way to exercise. I feel IMMENSELY better. This plus the supplement recommendations and being conscious of the diet recommendations have helped me be way more focused.”
Send Kelly an email if you want to learn more about these testing options.
ONLINE COURSE: Healthy Cuisines, A Wellness Guide for Diabetes – $49
Whether you or a family member is struggling to control blood sugar, or have prediabetes, you’ll benefit from learning the ins and outs of living life with diabetes. Kelly Schmidt, the Diabetic Dietitian, will walk you through both food and lifestyle factors that have an effect on the daily life of a diabetic. Once you learn how to balance your blood sugar and begin to understand the routines that work for you, nothing will hold you back from living your best life!
This course will cover healthy and balanced eating as well as lifestyle factors to help take the stress out of living with diabetes. The Cuisine at Home Magazine and Kelly Schmidt, the Diabetic Dietitian, will teach every diabetic how to live their best life. To learn more or to register, click HERE.
MY BOOK: What’s the Deal with Paleo and Primal Eating?
How can the paleo and primal lifestyle improve my wellbeing? Kelly O. Schmidt, a registered dietitian and leading voice in the paleo and primal lifestyle movement is a passionate health advocate who stumbled upon this lifestyle while uncovering the best method for managing her type 1 diabetes. In this book, Kelly explains the paleo and primal diet with supportive evidence-based research, through a conversational style, while providing insight on her personal journey and advice she is finding most valuable to her clients and in the paleo and primal community overall.
DETOX PROGRAM, CBD & SUPPLEMENTS
I use and recommend pharmaceutical grade supplements to help fill the gaps in one’s diet and to be used as a tool to support metabolism, blood sugar, gut health, and inflammation. While I recommend products from a few supplements companies, including Designs For Health, I may recommend different forms of the same nutrient as needed for different people. When advising supplements, I take into consideration a combination of symptoms, health history, current meds, diagnoses, and lab testing to sort what makes the biggest impact for you and your health.