How do you enjoy your fat bombs? Have you ever made them? They are great for blood sugars and cravings. Let me share more, including a simple recipe:
- Lately, I’ve been having one in my warm chia/oats many mornings a week.
- Fat bombs are loaded with fat-rich ingredients, like coconut oil and nut butters that can fill you up fast and satisfy a sweet or nutty craving.
- Fat bombs are essentially energy bites for those living a low-carb life and seeking better blood sugar control.
Simple Fat Bomb Recipe
Solve cravings with these blood sugar-friendly treats.
- 3/4 cup coconut butter I source mine from Thrive Market. You can also sub this for a nut butter of choice.
- 1/4 cup grass fed vanilla collagen protein You can get a quality brand from Vital Proteins, or a personal favorite, Designs for Health. All can be sourced and delivered from Fullscript: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/diabeticdietitian
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 extra topping You can add in any textured ingredient like cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, seeds, nuts etc to make this your owne. I have even added in freeze-dried fruit.
- Start with soft coconut butter. You may need to melt it down in the microwave, in a microwave-safe container for 30 seconds.
- Line a baking sheet/pyrex pan with parchment paper or use a mini cupcake tray.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut butter and collagen.
- Add the coconut oil, and if you find the recipe to be too solid, feel comfortable adding another teaspoon of coconut oil. You want it slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Add in any extra ingredients you may desire.
- Using a spoon create small balls and place them on the baking sheet or individually in a cupcake tray.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating.
Mini cupcake tray: https://amzn.to/3e72BFh Direct link to order preferred vanilla collagen from Fullscript: https://us.fullscript.com/welcome/diabeticdietitian The best no sugar, pure cocoa, cocoa nibs we often use in fat bombs: https://amzn.to/3hyKOJc Coconut manna/coconut butter: https://amzn.to/3yN0s9y