This year we hosted our first chili cook-off, or as my husband stated, “chili deathmatch.” To say the least it was a great time and I am thankful we didn’t blow a fuse with the number of slow-cookers in our kitchen. Mine did not come in first place, but it was close. Certainly nutrient-dense and darn tasty. Enjoy.
- 1.5 lb lean bison meat (90/10)
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of tomato paste
- 2 carrots, chopped (large)
- 1 medium yellow onion. chopped
- 1 1/2 c. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 green zucchini, chopped
- 2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (ACV)
1. Melt coconut oil in heated crockpot
2. Add chopped onion and garlic powder. Once the onion is translucent, begin to brown the meat.
3. While meat is browning, begin preparing vegetables.
4. Add canned tomatoes/paste, vegetables, chili seasonings and ACV to crockpot. Stir all ingredients together thoroughly and let sit at low heat for 6-8 hours (or more).