Diabetes and doughnuts are like vinegar and water, but not when you find better ways to make them at home. Here are three combos I’ve tried this month and not only do they taste great, but they favor well on blood sugar control.
- 2 scoops Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- In 2 separate bowls mix the dry ingredients together and in a second bowl mix the eggs, milk, and oil for 30 seconds with a fork, or until well-mixed. You will need to melt the coconut oil first if that’s the fat you have on hand. Add the wet mix to the dry mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Fill doughnut baking sheets 3/4 full and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350F. Bake until cooked through, using a toothpick to check.
Try these other options as well!
- Use Low-carb Baking Mixes (reducing cooking time when using a doughnut sheet by 5-8 minutes)
- Use Low-Carb Cake Mixes
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.