We love fish tacos in this house, especially if they come in a purple cabbage “tortilla” paired with avocado and pickled onions. This sounds fancy, but I promise this meal is easy.Print Recipe
Blackened Fish Tacos
- 4 each (6-ounce) boneless salmon (skin-on) or mahi mahi filets
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 head red/purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup marinated red onion marinate sliced red onion overnight in covered red wine vinegar, sea salt, pepper, galic and dried oregano in a sealed container.
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped fresh
- 1 lime wedges for serving
- Set an oven rack directly below the broiler and turn the oven to the low broil setting. Heat a large oven-safe skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the skin side of the salmon with salt and season the other side with the spice blend. Place the salmon skin side down in the dry, hot pan and sear for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven, directly below the broiler. Broil for 4 to 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque. Remove the pan from the oven and flake the fish with a fork. Set the skin aside to eat separately.
- Assemble the tacos: Using 1 or 2 large cabbage leaves per taco, layer on the fish, marinated onions, and cilantro.
Sheet Pan Dinners
The gals over at realfoodrds.com always come up with great real food recipes, and simple ones to make.Print Recipe
Sheet Pan Kielbasa Cabbage and Potatoes
- 1 each (14-16 ounce) uncured kielbasa
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes halved
- 1 small red/purple cabbage or other cruciferous vegetable
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 srvg spicey brown mustard for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place potatoes, onion, garlic, and cabbage on the baking sheet, being careful not to separate the leaves of each cabbage wedges. Drizzle with oil. Gently toss the potatoes, onions, and garlic with oil and carefully rub the oil over the surface of the cabbage wedges.
- Turn potatoes cut-side down. Arrange kielbasa over potatoes and onions. Sprinkle all with salt and pepper and nestle thyme sprigs into the veggies. If using dried thyme, sprinkle over the veggies along with the salt and pepper.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake 45-55 minutes, rotating pan halfway through the baking time, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown on their undersides.
- Remove from the oven, serve with mustard if desired.