5 Minute Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipe
I’ve made a playful clip below of how I make a very common breakfast I have been having lately. I’ve also included links to such products below, but I highly recommend Thrive Market to save money and time, by having their staples delivered to your doorstep.
- 1/2 cup sprouted oats (this is the only oatmeal I have found to not spike my blood sugar)
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen protein
- 3/4 cup boiled water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir ingredients together then add the boiling water.
- Place a glass plate over the bowl for the mixture to “cook” and the chia seeds to absorb the water.
- If so desired, add a crack of sea salt and enjoy.
Tip! I usually take an injection of insulin, then make the oats, make a coffee, then sit down about 10 minutes later and my blood sugar holds steady. If I eat right away, I will see a small spike in blood sugar control. This is advice for those who are insulin-dependent.