The foods we eat during the day can play a huge part in how energetic we feel. If you’re eating nothing but packaged food or takeout, you’re probably lacking nutrients and more than likely fatigued. Below, we highlight specific foods that are nourishing and will fuel your day.
Foods That Give You Insane Energy
Enjoy this list, but don’t forget that plenty of water and herbal teas can also help keep the body alert and energized. Dehydration is often a key player in fatigue!
- Leafy Green Veg – leafy green vegetables like spinach contain plenty of iron, which ensures the body is getting enough oxygen, and fighting off fatigue.
- Fatty fish – fatty fish contains protein, fatty acids and B vitamins. Data supports, omega-3 supplements could decrease fatigue.
- Hummus – hummus includes complex carbs and healthy fat. Chickpeas in hummus are a good source of fiber, and the body uses these for steady energy.
- Dark Chocolate – contains antioxidants to increase blood flow. The increase of blood flow produced by antioxidants in cocoa could help to both reduce mental fatigue and improve mood. Win-win!
- Olives – high in vitamin E and antioxidants. They are great for the heart and fight cancer! You can eat them in many ways too, such as in salads, sandwiches, or as a snack on their own. Olives are a very healthy fat and a great addition to your diet.
- Nuts – most nuts are a mixture of healthy fats and protein. Almonds, brazil nuts, and cashews are just a few of the great nut types you can include in your diet.
How To Make Smart Food Choices
There are many kinds of foods out there, so how do you go about making smart choices? First off, it can be a good idea to learn how to read nutrition labels. Learning about the various ingredients that go into food, as well as protein, carbs, and fats can help you to ensure you are eating a balanced diet that supports your lifestyle. Courses like Nutrition Therapy can help you to learn even more so you feel more confident when making choices on what to eat.
In general, it’s best if you eat foods containing are in their purest form and as close to the farm as possible. Many ready meals are marketed to appear healthy when in fact, they contain ingredients that can be detrimental to your health.
Other Things You Can Do To Stay Energetic
- Make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep
- Avoid sitting all day and take a break every ~ 50 minutes.
- Exercise in the morning
- Sit with good posture
Are you ready to feel awesome all day long?