With some help from my husband, we have come up with the below. This information is helpful all and anyone traveling to Australia, particularly from the USA. Note-to-self, opt for cider, you will have a much larger variety of gluten free options.
Cheers to you and good health!
- Pot 285 ml (10 fl oz) – Small sized beer in Melbourne (yes, Sydney and Melbourne have different size beers)
- Schooner 425 ml (15 fl oz) – Small sized beer in Sydney
- Pint 570 ml (20 fl oz) – A pint is pint
- Stubby – Bottled beer (example, I want a “stubby” of Corona)
- Light Beers = low alcohol beers (don’t order a light beer unless you are on probation)
- Blonde Beers = light beers in the US, (example Pure Blonde = Bud Light)
- Shout = round of drinks, Australians take this very serious, see video for some info on shout “politics” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdW4iCSmFE