A go-to recipe for teacher gifts around the holidays.
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (no shell)
- 2 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey (more if you desire)
- 2 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Microwave the coconut oil, raw honey and vanilla extract together in a medium sized mixing bowl for about 30-45 seconds.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from heat and sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon, pressing the mixture together to form a flat surface.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes or until hardened, and then break into chunks and enjoy.
This is really good anytime of the day and feel free to add on some fresh berries or sliced apple or pear. This granola can be the perfect fit for breakfast, snack or treat. Pair it with either coconut milk/almond milk or Greek yogurt.
Give this recipe a whirl and let me know how much you enjoy it!
Cheers to you and good health,