In my private Facebook group, KSW 10-Days of Wellness, I will be hosting my 3rd quarter FREE program starting October 4th to support our wellness, the burnout we may be feeling from our current pandemic, and more.
These 10-Days are not about calorie counting, being perfect, or putting excess pressure on yourself. Leave that at the door. Welcome grace, self-care, and an open mind to what I have to share with you!
The lessons in this program are meant to empower you to make slightly better decisions than you would otherwise. Don’t strive for perfection. Progress is the name of the game, leaving behind the extra pressure you may put on yourself. Remember wellness doesn’t have a finish line. Embrace new habits at a pace you can maintain for the long-term.
Each day I will provide guidance on the noted themes below. If you only have 5% to put into this, I want that 5%. This is all about helping you just do better (not your best, but better), nourishing yourself to the point where your nutrition helps your response to stress and illness better.
- Sunday: Fortify Your Wellbeing – Good Foods for Good Moods
- Monday: Morning Habit of the 3, 3s
- Tuesday: How to Burn Bright, Without Burning Out
- Wednesday: Cooking Hacks That Everyone Should Know
- Thursday: Reduce Anxiety on the Cellular Level
- Friday: Grace
- Saturday: Weight Gain & Weight Loss
- Sunday: Nutrition Philosophy
- Monday: Seasons of Health & Routines
- Tuesday: Next Steps (Creating a personalized and holistic approach to your wellness)
Quick guidance for those who are using the Standard Process Detox powder: make 2 shakes a day using the powder, and crowd your plate with real food, reducing sugar and flour. Your shakes can be a meal replacement or they can cover 1 meal and be one snack in the afternoon. The overall goal is to have 20 shakes in 10-days, so the liver can be prompted to go through the 3 phases of detox: mobilize toxins, bind toxins, eliminate toxins.
MY WISHES FOR YOU
I hope this is the beginning of a positive path for you, in trusting your body and enhancing your relationship for food. During these 10 days, I wish for you to:
- Eat real food. Avoid/reducing all sugar and flours.
- Structure your day to have up to 2 smoothies/day and one real meal and optional snacks. Data from 2013 compared the efficacy of meal replacements with either 1 or 2 shakes/day. Results? Those given 2 shakes/day lost 8x as much weight as those on 1 shakes/day. Participants also found consuming 2 shakes/day was just as easy to adhere to as a single shake program. Two shakes were also better than 3 shakes/day.
- Adopt a daily routine with your meals. Our liver and brain thrive on a routine as it works best when the body’s rhythms are predictable.
- Eat when you are hungry. Embrace hunger and appreciate satiety. My tip?? Stop eating when you feel satisfied enough that you can still go for a walk around the block, but running around the block is uncomfortable. If you feel satisfied, but feel like you can go for a run, you may need a bit more. You want your meals to be satisfying enough to keep you full until your next meal. This takes practice.
- Walk 10 minutes a day, preferably outside.
- Have fun! Engage and lean on me. For real. Having an issue or internal discussion with yourself? Let me in to guide you.
- As listed above, please consider nourishing and nurturing your body and metabolism using the Standard Process 10-Day Detox.
- Enlighten your mind, by following along and reading a selected book for the month. For this October I have selected Lifespan, Why We Age – And Why We Don’t Have To. So far I am a little passed chapter 7, which talked about the possibility of a worldwide pandemic. It was rattling, yet, hopeful information.
- Nutrition Supplements to help calibrate the extra stress we may be facing with childcare, schooling, work needs, illnesses, and more. Learn more about NeuroCalm here and let me know if you want a hand in placing an order.