Or should I say mom and sister (aka sista)? Maybe I have a few more readers than that… 🙂
In this write-up I am sharing how I went about my first 21 Day Standard Process detox. This is a first for me, as I have never bought into the idea of a cleanse and have opted instead to eat a pure, clean diet (sans gluten, dairy, corn, soy, most grains, minimal legumes, etc) that supports my detox pathways and health. However, I felt it was time. Our environment is filled with toxins, and let’s be honest, I have had my fair share of wine. So I have set out to prep and learn what this detox could do for me; and more information below if you are interested in doing a program like such in January 2017.
My biggest worries:
- how hard would it be to stay compliant,
- how much time it would take to plan for my meals,
- how tired am I going to feel? I already have 2 little ones, a husband that travels a lot, and run my own nutrition practice. Am I able to keep up? (Yes! I am determined!)
- No coffee!! Maybe avoid me for a few days!
- More than coffee, I think I will terribly miss my eggs. But my focus is looking at all the foods I can eat.
- Oh! And I am doing this in December. There are social events galore! But this year, I am determined to make December my healthiest month.
How I have prepped:
- I organized my supplements for the detox
- I read the handbook on the program. The gist is the first 10 days are meatless, day 11 I can include fish, lean meats (no pork) 2-4x a day, and the entire program has a set routine of 2-3 shakes (and meals), vegetables 2x as much as fruit, no nuts, some seeds, healthy oils, no dairy or gluten, and 1/2 cup of lentils, peas or quinoa 1x a day and supplements. I am excited to try new vegetables or way of spicing them/cooking them.
- I also familiarized myself with the grocery list and ensure I had enough ingredients on stock. While it’s super beneficial to have a clean cut meal plan, I am somewhat of a rebel and don’t plan to follow it in it’s entirety. I will stick to the allowed foods, no doubt. But I will pick a handful of the recipes to try new things, and come up with a few meals on my own. If I were to follow the meal plan, I’d feel overwhelmed.
- Batch cook a bit and have a few shake go-to recipes.
- In addition to the recommends included in the program, I have also started a gratitude journal. Each morning I list 3 things I am grateful for, and bullet 2 affirmations. Mind-body connection is just as important as diet.
Day 1 starts Sunday! I will be sending updates weekly. Stay tuned.
JANUARY CLEANSE – If you are interested in doing a cleanse in the New Year, Standard Process is kicking off their 21 Day Standard Process Purification program with a webinar on the 9th of January, and the diet/supplement regime starts on the 10th. Let me know if you need to order a kit, and I will get you what you need. Their cleanse has dairy free and a standard version (both ~ $235)
This program has a Guide and a full eBook (1 Degree of Change) with step by step meal plans and a free app you can download, which has tracking tools, shopping lists/list builder and recipes from the meal plan.
A lot of information, but all of the above makes the program really easy to follow. Hope you have a healthy New Year and entire 2017 in whatever way you choose to strive for your best health.