This weekend I am headed to a Friendsmas party and will be bringing one of my favorite paleo-based bread recipes. I have really enjoyed the ideas presented on paleoleap.com, which this recipe came from.
Since my son is allergic to eggs, I have altered the recipe to include flax eggs (1 tablespoon of flax meal soaked in 2 tablespoons of water can replace 1 egg). I also sometimes add gelatin to increase the protein content and add a punch of gut health. Lastly, I make this recipe into muffins verse a loaf, which helps with portion control.
What recipe will you be bringing along this holiday season?
- ½ cup coconut flour;
- ½ cup almond flour;
- ½ cup very ripe banana, pureed;
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree;
- ½ cup melted clarified butter or almond butter;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- ¼ cup raw honey;
- 4 eggs;
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract;
- ½ tsp. salt;
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped; (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, clarified butter, honey, ripe banana, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Mix everything together until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined. This is also a good time to add the chopped pecans if you’re using them.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased loaf pan and bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin banana bread cool down for about 10 minutes before serving.