Tumeric – have you ever heard of it or used it? I have not. Yet, tonight I reached for something random in the grocery aisle, yellow curry paste. And what could you guess was listed in the ingredients? Tumeric. How ironic; one of my many health emails I regularly get includes Dr Mercola’s and today he addressed the value of spices and honed in on Tumeric.
To satisfy my curiosity I digested his information and wanted to share with you. Whether you are reading this the USA or here in Australia try an Indian dish with curry paste. Lots of flavor and loads of health benefits.
In summary from Dr. Mercola’s article: 13 ways Turmeric can spice up your whole person:
- Boosts your antioxidant protection against free radicals
- Helps promote your healthy skin
- Supports your overall eye health
- Provides you immune system support
- Aids your skeletal system and joint health
- Encourages your healthy liver function
- Helps you maintain healthy cells with support against free radicals
- Balances the health of your digestive system
- Aids you in support of healthy blood and your circulatory system
- Helps you maintain normal cholesterol levels to support your cardiovascular system
- Assists your neurological system’s healthy response to stress
- Promotes a healthy female reproductive system
- Helps you maintain blood sugar levels already within the normal range
Millions of people use turmeric on a daily basis in their lives today. In India alone, up to 500 million people use it in one form or another every day.
Isn’t it time you gave your body what it deserves? Cheers to you and good health!