If I were to write a cookbook, it’d be along the lines of “The Laziest Healthy Dinner.” What would the easiest recipe be that is included? This one!
Pull the ingredients from the pantry and freezer, and kick-back until dinner time. Gah, I love my slow-cooker and there is good reason, I’ve gone through 2 of them in 2 years. PRO TIP: Buy one that has a lid/lock that can transfer. Well worth it!
5 Ingredient White Chili
- 1 carton Bone broth (or vegetable or chicken broth will do) Bone broth will increase the protein content of the overall meal.
- 12 ounces Green Salsa verde Trader Joe's has the BEST!
- 2 can Cannellini beans Or White Northern Beans
- 1 lb Ground turkey I buy in bulk and often pull this ingredient from the freezer.
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, green onion, cilantro, slice of lime
- Pull out a slow-cooker and turn it on to high (for the first hour) and unload each of the ingredients into the device.
- If you are using frozen ground turkey, once it soft, stir all ingredients and adjust the slow-cooker to low and allow to sit for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with any desired garnish and enjoy.