Hell yes to 2022! This year, I urge you to advocate your needs in nutrition, energy, and more. How? Try on one of the below suggestions.
- Be curious. What areas in your life can you focus on to create change to be a better, calmer, more refreshed person? Whose help do you need? What resources do you need to review? What questions do you need to ask?
- Be selfish. If something is not a Hell Yes! Then, I’m sorry, say no.
- Sleep. Seriously. It’s the secret sauce of health, and if you sleep enough, you will eat less, think more clearly, and communicate better in the relationships that need you the most.
- Drink less. Have you ever been sober curious as to where and what you would do with the time, energy, better sleep, and saved money spent on alcohol? For fun, here is a calculator to play around with.
- Drink more. Water. Hydration is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to optimize your hormones, insulin sensitivity, and health. Just don’t overdo it before bed.
- Take your vitamins. Make sure the vitamins you choose are 3rd party tested and you are educated on what nutrients you need. Your medical history and labs can be helpful tools for identifying your needs. Send me a message if you want help.
- Play. Block off time to play. My stand-up paddleboard is easily my happiest place to be when it’s warm.
- Let go. Let go of the things that are weighing you down; this may entail forgiving someone and or forgiving yourself.
- Eat well. We don’t need to strive for perfection, but more so, progress.
- Ask. Asking the right question can be your biggest shortcut to a robust solution.
- Spend time with the right peeps. Surround yourself with those who help you be the best version of yourself.
- Value the lessons in your mistakes. Mistakes are okay; they’re the stepping-stones of progress.
- Be grateful. Practice gratitude daily, and perhaps get better sleep by rehearsing what you are grateful for before bed.
- Be generous. The reward of generosity can’t be put into words. Be generous, perform random acts of kindness, pay it forward. You won’t regret it.
- Compete. Compete with an earlier version of yourself. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
2022 is going to be a wonderful year for you!