I am craving more variety in my meals with loads of produce to help nourish my body and soon-to-be daughter. I was playing with Yummly and selected the following for inspiration. Perhaps you can enjoy too and you will likely need a Yummly login to access some of the recipes.
A salad with cinnamon? Why not?
What a fun idea for a summer BBQ right? Or perhaps if you are short on time, like I will be with 2 little ones, I may toss all the above in a bowl and call it a day. Fun idea, nonetheless.
This extra serving of gluten free grains will be helpful in keeping my carbs up for breastfeeding. Looks tasty!
I’d make this recipe but omit the sugar. Perhaps swap in lemon juice instead? I’d have to play with it, but a great way to add detoxifying onions to my diet.
Eating whole real food is one thing to accomplish, but a second important element is keeping meals versatile and appetizing. If we eat the same things repetitively, not only do we put ourselves at risk for nutrient gaps, but our palates get bored and we become more impulsive with frankenfoods due to boredom. I’ve posted a few articles on lunch ideas (click here and here) but I have included some more quick solution below.
- Shrimp cocktail w/ a salad using a good dressing and adding in avocado.
- Taco salad – I typically always make my tacos with grass-fed beef and follow my own spice recipe (it’s clean, no fillers, so why not?)
- Chipotle bowl – but w/ cauli rice, no beans.
- Stir-fry – using either beef, chicken or shrimp. All yummy and easy to make a large portion, allowing to carry over for another meal for the week.
- Burgers – yum, we had these last night. If you have the ability buy the grass-fed ground beef and make your own 4-6 ounce patties. I did this last night and just added in some cayenne, smoked paprika and salt and pepper. We ate them in romaine lettuce leaves and I paired the meal with some green beans cooked in a little bit of bacon, s/p. fresh garlic and onion and some organic raisins. I made a double bath of patties and had leftovers for lunch.
- Grab-n-go lunch dejour – I am road tripping tomorrow and I have packed a green apple, 2 applegate grass-fed organic hot-dogs, hard boiled egg and carrots.
- Smoothie – my go-to when ingredients are low and a grocery run is needed.
Mealtime can get complicated or stressful, especially if you are trying to please family members while trying to make something healthy. Overall, keep it simple and Just Eat Real Food! #JERF